[ale] OT ntp - leap second - how many knew what this was 3 weeks ago

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Thu Jul 5 08:35:59 EDT 2012

I thought I had read this article by Google recently,

  http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/time-technology-and-leaping-seconds.html

... but time flies.  It's from last September!

I remember shaking my head and thinking that smearing the leap second
seemed fairly obvious but that there are surely several patents held
already and more applications in the pipe.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
  http://noserose.net/e/
  http://www.coraid.com/