[ale] File share web application

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Tue Jul 3 17:54:39 EDT 2012

On 07/03/2012 04:38 PM, Robert Coggins wrote:
> These look nice!  I will test them out.  Have any of you used them with
> large files?  +2gigs up to maybe 10 gigs?

For sharing large files I'd look at
* zsync
* bittorrent
* "Direct connect protocol"
or
* any binary packager that is commonly used on usenet for splitting and
recombining large files with par2 parity data

Whatever you use, make certain is has auto-restart capabilities.

On a LAN, this isn't nearly as important, but without knowing how many clients,
how many servers and the total number of big files to be transfered per second,
it is hard to recommend anything as a solution.