[ale] Better do my talk before it is illegal

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 14:38:28 EST 2012

On 2012/01/27, at 14:30 , Richard Bronosky wrote:

> I'm excited to see this. I may actually attend a meeting. I've avoided
> them so far because of the political non-sense that takes place on
> this list.

As explained by myself and confirmed by others in at least
one previous thread where concern had been expressed
about the content of our meetings being appropriate and
On Topic, we can assure you the concern is unfounded.

With a mailing list, people have delete buttons and other
means of choosing the content they read and the content
they reject.  They can wall themselves off in blissful little
filter bubbles without significant effort.

Meetings are more topically focused and attenders have
made a special effort to be present.  There are no filtering
or delete button options for real time, in person discussions,
so keeping content on topic is a natural courtesy and priority.

peace
aaron