[ale] web archive ??

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 08:48:19 EST 2012

On 01/19/2012 07:48 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:

> Go to HR and demand the provide a PRINTED copy. Emory is a heavy Mac
> environment so demand that the electronic version be Mac readable.
> To quote my son, "That's some crap!".

You may want to check with tax lawyer or labor lawyer about this. Not
all employees will have computer access away from work so there should
be alternate methods used to hand out the W4. A letter stating they are
violating Federal law should work wonders with them particularly if you
can sue them and Equifax for negligence and failure to provide you with
the W4. My understanding is that it is the employer's responsibility to
make sure that W4's are given to the employees on or before the
statutory deadline.
> On Jan 19, 2012 6:35 AM, "Drifter" <drifter at oppositelock.org
> <mailto:drifter at oppositelock.org>> wrote:
>
>     On Wednesday, January 18, 2012 10:25:28 pm Wolf Halton wrote:
>
>     >
>     > Go to the hr dept and ask them to show her how, with her
>     documents to
>     > print it.  Print to (real) pdf. Get it in a thumbdrive and go.  Or
>     > print-screen the doc and get it as a png file.
>     > In fact, if you can see the whole thing on the screen at any time
>     > screen-capture it and save the graphic.
>
>     Good idea.  Only the HR Dept. does not have the data.  They gave
>     it all to
>     Equifax!!!!!  As I said -- WTF.
>
>     I am not adept with a Mac, but I will try to get Safari to save
>     the page
>     as a pdf.  If that is possible, then I can find a pdf reader that will
>     print the entire document.
>
>     Tnx for the suggestion.
>
>     Sean

Jay Lozier