[ale] Linux DESKTOP User's Group

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Feb 27 13:00:45 EST 2012

On 02/27/2012 12:34 PM, Geoffrey Myers wrote:
>> > I've been dissatisfied with a few VMware corporate decisions the last 12 months,
>> > so ...
> I'm not so comfortable with the 'owner' of virtualbox either.

VirutalBox is mostly F/LOSS licensed. Only the guest additions, RDP and USB
parts are closed last time I checked.  Just like MySQL has been branched
http://kb.askmonty.org/en/mariadb-faq , virtualbox can be should the supporting
company behave badly.

All of VMware software is closed and they changed the pricing model
significantly for server solutions.

Pick your poison, but if you've already gone with Apple, then you've already
left the F/LOSS ranch.