[ale] Linux DESKTOP User's Group

Tod Davis tod at davismailbox.net
Sun Feb 26 18:45:02 EST 2012

Sorry all, my mailing list subscription seems to have barfed so I need to
start a new thread...

It looks like there is a fair amount of interest in some desktop-centric
discussion, although Suwanee seems to be too far for many of those
interested.  I have an idea based on Vernard's comment:

I'm certain we'd love to do desktop-centric topics at both ALE and ALE-NW.
A speaker and a topic is all I need to schedule something for ALE-NW.  May is
currently open.

Maybe this is too "out there", but what about making May's meeting an "open
mic / un-conference" type of format?

If folks like the idea, I could share a sheet in Google Docs where people
can suggest and/or volunteer to talk about a topic they are comfortable
with.  Being all-knowing would not be required as the conversation could
become a group participation format.  It could be a 5 minute topic, or may
end up being the discussion for the evening.  We could continue with the
topic list whenever we decide to dedicate another meeting to it.

Thoughts?

~~~
Thanks,
Tod