[ale] OS X guest on an AMD KVM host

Kaerka Phillips kbphillips80 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 12:03:16 EST 2012

I've sort-of successfully done this using Fedora 15 x86_64 KVM + Kalyway
OSX 10.5.4 x86 image, however, it only worked because the kalyway image has
been heavily modified.  However, one thing I didn't try since then, but
have considered is that qemu can emulate other processors, that might be
worthwhile to test out, using the qemu directly rather than with something
else like virt-manager/rhev/convirt, etc.
I didn't keep it around because as another poster mentioned, the
performance was poor, and for me, graphics were also poor; and last but not
least, the kalyway image breaks on the first update if it isn't provided by
kalyway.  I don't recommend going that direction if it can be avoided.

I'm also trying to get an unmodified OSX image to boot on Virtualbox, but
haven't successfully gotten this to work yet - but one of the other posters
above might've provided the hint there with using the EFI boot option.

KBP

Kaerka Phillips
kbphillips80 at gmail.com