[ale] ssh on blackberry 9930

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Sun Feb 5 11:29:33 EST 2012

I've attempted to install the midpSSH telnet/ssh client on my
blackberry and am reported to have succeded, following the directions
here:
http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2009/04/midpssh-blackberry-ssh-client-tutorial-connect-to-unix-server/

But when it comes to creating sessions I have a terrible problem being
able to type in the passwd field. The other fields are readily
accessible.  But its really difficult to get the cursor to focus on
the passwd field, and then when I do, It pops away after a character
or two is typed.

I kind of tricked it by copy paste a time or two but then was not able
to save it.

It appears not to be possible to save a session without a passwd.

I wonder if it just doesn't really work with the 9930?  I wondered if
anyone here is using either midpssh or some other ssh client
successfully on a recent blackberry?

Googling turns up quite old hits concerning midpSSH, for example this
trouble shooting page:

http://www.midpssh.org/wiki/troubleshooting-blackberry

Which is very limited.  And the `contact' page tells you are pooped
out of luck:

http://www.midpssh.org/contact.php