[ale] Metropcs 4G LTE vs AT&T DSL (ot)

Jay Lozier jslozier at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 11:00:47 EST 2012

On 02/05/2012 03:57 AM, jesse james wrote:
> Does anyone know if one of the MetroPCS 4G LTE phones could be replacement for basic dsl. I was thinking of getting rid of my dsl and getting a Samsung Indulge($200) and just tethering my laptop to it.
Do not forget to check on the data encryption (if any) between the phone
and the tower. If it is not or is weakly encrypted I would keep
dsl/cable with the hard connection for shopping/banking/etc.

Any radio type signal can be intercepted and in principle rendered into
plain text/intelligible voice if some one has the tools and time - it
may be a very long time.