[ale] First look at Winders 8

Charles Shapiro hooterpincher at gmail.com
Tue Dec 25 18:01:33 EST 2012

Heh. I am currently exploring Android development.  It's been most
interesting so far.  So far Android strikes me as a great content-delivery
mechanism, but I shudder to think of trying to learn how to code from it.

Java is not a good pedagogical language, and a whole lot of Android
development seems to involve implied content -- in order to create screens,
for example, you really should learn a whole XML-based language which is
separate from Java.    After working through a real simple application on
the command line, I figure my only way to manage the complexity is with an
IDE, so I'm now trying to work out Eclipse, which has its _own_ learning
curve.

So heck, maybes this is the Way the World will Go, and us happy
hard-workin' coders will merely be weird old fossils in a universe of
sunglasses-wearing HTML writers.

-- CHS

-- CHS