[ale] Linux bashed by Apple?

Rich Faulkner rfaulkner at Tux86.org
Wed Aug 29 12:22:35 EDT 2012

Again, (IMHO), the public is in such a mind-set of proprietary numbness
that they think MS tools and "what they know" is the only way to go.
When "I" took the Linux "oath"; I did so knowing that I was embracing
the open-source way of computing.  That means using F/OSS tools and
friendly hardware.  I want "my" computer to be a tool; not a revenue
source for Apple or Microsoft.

OS/X was "cool" for a time (a very short-time); but that was when I was
in the process of dumping MS.  Back then I was going between OS/X, X64
and SuSE 10.1.  We still have the Mac but it is nothing but a glorified
audio processor running Pro Tools LE in our production studio; and as
much as SuSE 10.1 didn't win-out against X64...X64 got dumped in favor
of Fedora and now running Ubuntu (and very happy with it I might add!)
MS is a think of the past at my desk...YMMV

RinL