[ale] ALE-NW August and Sept Plans

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Fri Aug 24 08:38:37 EDT 2012

After a much needed summer break, ALE-NW is starting up again.

Mark your calendars for
* 8/30 at 7:30pm - Presentation (Raspberry Pi Linux) and Fall organization Mtg
* 9/13 at 4:30p - 10p - InstallFest

Both will be at SPSU in the Atrium Building (also known as Building-J) in room
J-266.

===== August 30th =====
@ 7:30p

Presentation: Linux on the Raspberry Pi by Orlando Karam
More details to follow.

===== Sept 13th InstallFest =====
@ 4:30p -

We need volunteers to help with the InstallFest. Please help.

Specifically
* Your knowledge and skills
* ISOs (we'll have the popular 10 on a network)
* Installation DVDs
* Bootable flash media

In prior years, we've been overwhelmed by the help provided from the greater ALE
community AND by the number of people showing up to get Linux installed on their
PCs. Historically, we get a mix of mostly college students, but some other
people come for help too.

90% of what we need is experienced Linux people to help others 1-on-1.
Show up when you can. Stay as long as you desire. All help is appreciated.

Please send me a private email if you might be able help.

===== Future Meetings =====

ALE-NW meets on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 7:30p Sept-November and
January-May.  The room for all meetings this fall will be J-266.  We do not meet
over summer break and the August meeting happens once students return for class.

9/13 - InstallFest
10/11 - TBD
11/8 - TBD

We're working to make this the most successful ALE-NW year ever!