[ale] Google Nexus Table 16 GB

Michael Campbell michael.campbell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 15 10:22:32 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 10:11 AM, david w. millians <millia at panix.com> wrote:

> On 8/14/2012 4:19 PM, Michael Campbell wrote:
>> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Lightner, Jeff <JLightner at water.com> wrote:
>>> Why is it every time you go to a store these days they tell you “we can
>>> order that for you” rather than keeping things in stock?
>>
>> Because inventory is a liability.
>
> Apparently, they haven't realized the loss of customers is also a liability.

Are you under the impression retailers care about service, or the long view?

Some do, sure, but most go for quantity over quality.  They'll lose a
few, but spend their efforts on getting more new ones.  They play it
like it's a Ponzi game or politics, not logic or reason.

And, they will eventually go under, but such is the nature of things.
Not worth the angst.