[ale] [off-topic] Need Help Sending PCs to Haiti

Greg Clifton gccfof5 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:50:02 EDT 2012

Sergio,

My company typically uses Mainfreight for small international shipments,
they in turn typically use FedEx, but at much better rates than we could
ever get so we find it to be much cheaper than using our own UPS or FedEx.
Atlanta number is (404)684-0626 call and let them know what you need to
ship with the dims and weights and they can quote you.

One other possibility well worth consideration is to "go postal" on the
shipment. You can get the rates and even save 5% on the shipping cost if
you do it online at usps.com. International Priority Mail can be fairly
reasonable and usually has little problem with customs.

Another option that probably won't work to Hati, is APO/FPO. This works
great to a country where we have a military base, gratis Uncle Sam, you
only pay the domestic postage rate. But to my knowledge, there is no US
Military installation in Hati.

One final contact, Madgie Murray madgie4 at aol.com. She is a Hatian living in
Norcross who might know of some economical means of shipping stuff
there. Tell her Greg Clifton sent you.

Best of luck,
GC