[ale] comcast business + mail server = static ip?

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Wed Aug 1 12:27:45 EDT 2012

I seem to recall a lot of mail servers will block your mail as spam if the dns record is <86400 (24hr). Also there are lists of dynamic ranges that your address may be in and cause your mail to be blocked. Not having a reverse DNS entry will also cause some of your email to be blocked as spam. This is all for outgoing mail, so you may be able to get around it by routing all your outgoing mail through the Comcast SMTP server, but y ou probably want to get the static IP or use a mail host.

Scott