[ale] GnuCash (Was: Re: [OT] Home PBX?)

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at water.com
Wed Aug 1 08:30:23 EDT 2012

Back in college it never occurred to me that some folks find accounting difficult.   It wasn’t until a class mate and I were discussing an accounting homework assignment and I said, not for the first time, “it’s easy all you need to do is…”.   She stopped me and said “Jeff maybe for YOU it’s  easy but for us mere mortals it actually takes some thought.”  I later found out many business majors have to take accounting 101 more than once before they pass it.   The funny thing is that although it apparently takes intelligence to “get” accounting is that at the same time accounting becomes very routine and boring to those of us who do “get” it which is why I made the move into IT long ago.