[ale] vmware remote display vs vnc on the ubuntu box vs xming on my Windoze machine

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Fri May 27 20:03:23 EDT 2011

I will be running eclipse on the Ubuntu box and thats pretty much the only X
app that I plan to run.

So let me understand what JD has typed.

Run XMing and configure it (uffff I hope it ez and thats another email)

Connect thru putty to the remote Ubutnu box or any ssh client on windows
host(i have to use Win7 to conn to the Ubuntu box due to VPN restrictions)

Use SSH-X tunneling from the remote Ubuntu using Putty.  Then run
ssh -X nns at regulus on the remote box.

Start running more commands from the shell that comes back to the Win7 box.

Is any one successfully running Xming on your Win7 boxes with success ?

-Narahari