[ale] vmware remote display vs vnc on the ubuntu box vs xming on my Windoze machine

Narahari 'n' Savitha savithari at gmail.com
Fri May 27 08:31:02 EDT 2011

Friends:

I am trying to come up with an effective solution for getting display back
from my Ubuntu machine running inside a VMWare session.  It is running
headless on my Windoze 7 64 bit OS.

Option 1:

Set up VMWare to have remote display and use VNC to connect to that remote
display.

Works well but kinda sluggish.

Option 2:

Disable VMWare remote display and setup the VNC Server inside the Ubuntu
itself and connect to that inside VNC.  Not sure if it is sluggish or not.

Option 3:

Time old Run XMing on my remote laptop and then export the display back.
 Not sure if it is preferred, puts load on the network and/or is sluggish.

-Narahari