[ale] is myth going to be reality

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:00:31 EDT 2011

The difficulty in organizing MythTV InstallFest:

1) There are so many other (possibly better) "media center" options
these days. I conducted a brief survey of local MythTV enthusiasts and
virtually all of them expressed interest in expanding the scope of any
InstallFest to include these other options.

Expanding the scope makes daunting more the task of organizing the
event. (Sorry, just channeled Yoda for a second.)

2) The first date proposed was not good for the core participants.

3) Freeside Atlanta is in mid-rebuild -- improving it's physical
space.  I spent the better part of last Saturday prepping and painting
the classroom.  Soon the space will be more "event ready."

June/July is looking likely for some type media center focused event.