[ale] Assign specific dsp<N> to USB dongle

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sat May 14 10:49:06 EDT 2011

On Sat, 2011-05-14 at 10:30 -0400, Andrew Wade wrote:
> All you need to do is create a udev rule.
>

> So you can make it more specific on the serial number or vendor of the
> device to make sure it is always showing up as dsp1 or 2, etc.

Things have changed since that thread was created.

This is what I've created but it does not work

cfowler at cfowler-desktop:~$ cat /etc/udev/rules.d/snd.rules
SUBSYSTEM=="usb", ATTRS{product}=="USB Headphone Set", KERNEL=="dsp*",
NAME="usb-dongle", SYMLINK="sound/usb-dongle"
cfowler at cfowler-desktop:~$

Possibly I need to copy /lib/udev/rules.d/78-sound-card.rules
to /etc/udev/rules.d and modify it?