[ale] skype

Pat Regan thehead at patshead.com
Tue May 10 15:32:35 EDT 2011

On Tue, 10 May 2011 15:12:12 -0400
Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Done
>
> ekiga is the fully Open Source tool for skype replacement.

I had to spend quite a few hours driving over the weekend and I just
happened to listen to the FLOSS Weekly podcast about Jitsi.  It
certainly sounded like it could be a Skype replacement.  They said it
will can even act as a bridge to do voice conferences between multiple
service providers.

I was going to try it out as a replacement for Pidgin, it supports most
IM protocols but looked like it was missing IRC so I didn't bother.

http://twit.tv/floss162

http://jitsi.org/

Pat