[ale] ubuntu 11.04, firefox the whole mess ehhhhhhhhhhhh

Sergio Chaves sergio.chaves at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:29:43 EDT 2011

See below:

On Tue, 2011-05-10 at 09:28 -0400, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
> Regarding installing silently, I see your point but have a few
> questions.
>
> Did you have to customize the response file ?
No.

> If you did can you put it on pastebin ?
>
> Also did you create the profile at install time or a while later ?
Later

> But regarding scripts failing.......
>
> However, the question still remains when you look at the pastebin I
> have put here.
>
> Why would scripts fail which are simple shell scripts that is what I
> am not able to understand ?
I did not spend much time on "why".
A simple Google yielded MANY results in regards to the "quality" IBM
install scripts for Linux; even the docs section of the package mention
it :-). That is why I chose CentOS (RHEL) which is officially supported.

It seems that script cannot find the parent directory where all the
install files reside - even if you manually specify it.
Instead of using the install script, I used the launchpad.sh (Websphere
version 7) script with the "-p" option and the path where all the
folders reside (/opt/IBM in my case).
So, from within /opt/IBM, I issued the command (as root): ./launchpad.sh
-p /opt/IBM .It worked. The remainder of the installation worked as
promised.

For Ubuntu specific instructions, have you tried
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27009332 ?

Hope that helps

Sergio

http://pastebin.com/mSR0nCQ9