[ale] Creating and Verifying Torrent Files?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:46:45 EDT 2011

Attached is a Python script (based on the one at [1]) that will read a
torrent file and write out some information about it. I wrote it
against the torrent at [2]. If you need to add more output to the
script, see [3] for information on the torrent file format.

To use the script, simply pass in the torrent file as the first
parameter: `./read_torrent.py /path/to/some.torrent`

[1] -- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/406695/reading-the-fileset-from-a-torrent/549160#549160
[2] -- http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/6.0.1a/i386/bt-cd/debian-6.0.1a-i386-CD-1.iso.torrent
[3] -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrent_file

--