[ale] Creating and Verifying Torrent Files?

Marc Ferguson marcferguson at gmail.com
Mon May 9 12:09:54 EDT 2011

Hey Fellas,

I'm trying to create a torrent file via CLI, but I'm stuck after creating
the file. I want to verify that it created the file correctly, but I don't
want to verify by uploading the file to my public server, use another
torrent client, etc. Is there a way I can read the .torrent file via CLI? I
tried using "less" and "nano", but it told me it's a binary file so it's all
gobbly goop.

I used transmission-create. Thanks for any help.

I posted this same question on Fedora's Forum:
http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?p=1469454#post1469454

--
*Marc Ferguson*

Registered Linux User #410978
www.fergytech.com | www.digitalalias.net

*"When life gives me lemons... I make Linuxaide, hmm good stuff!"*