[ale] moderation

Derek Carter goozbach at friocorte.com
Mon May 9 10:45:47 EDT 2011

On 5/7/11 9:50 AM, Jim Kinney wrote:
> I have been asked to stay on as admin and moderator by many and asked to
> step down by only one. As I wrestled with the ethics of using the
> moderator button on the entire group, the comment that turning off the
> microphone doesn't silence speech rang true. That simple act allows the
> spirited discussion(s) to continue in direct, private communication that
> doesn't impact the greater community of ale. It's like the parent taking
> the crying child out of the theater.
>
> I'm very OK with that concept (screamer in the theater while I was
> watching the first Iron Man film. I asked her to please be polite. Her
> response would have made a sailor blush so I replied in kind and she
> then understood and left).

Jim,

I also ask that you stay on as admin and moderator.

Because of the way that wielding the STFU hammer made you feel, I for
one trust you to wield said hammer *EVEN MORE*. As opposed to someone
who would feel no regret at all.

So thank you for your continued *EXCELLENT* service to the community. I
really appreciate it.

THANKS!!!

--
Derek
aka goozbach

PS.  Did anyone notice how quickly the list shifted back to "On Topic"
posts after we all took a slight break? The ALE community really does rock.