[ale] How can I set up box to be a proxy...

Damon Chesser dchesser at acsi2000.com
Fri May 6 08:54:17 EDT 2011

A way to do it is this:

SSH -p 440  -X (check the man page, -p 440 is supposed to be "use port 440" but my mem may not be right) into your Linux box at home:  run your gui browser.  To port scans it would look like any  other HTTPS session.  Slow, but workable.

Please follow the advice given before, you can be canned if they figure out what you are doing (which would be hard to do since the connection is encrypted.

Damon Chesser
dchesser at acsi2000.com
damon at damtek.com