[ale] Seeking Solaris 10 driver (Intel 82578DM PHY)

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Thu May 5 15:03:37 EDT 2011

On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Rich Faulkner <rfaulkner at 34thprs.org> wrote:
> No.  Was wondering if OpenSolaris would be compatible to 10.  Will
> check-out the link too.  Thanks!
>
> RinL
>

> On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 14:19 -0400, Ed Cashin wrote:
>> Have you already looked at Opensolaris and https://www.illumos.org/ ?
>>
>> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Rich Faulkner <rfaulkner at 34thprs.org>
>> wrote:
>>         Great news!  I've got my first paying gig with a foot in
>>         *NIX!!  Thus
>>         now I'm troubleshooting a system which is desired to have
>>         Solaris 10 but
>>         the SHB/BP includes the Intel 82577LM PHY (for which Solaris
>>         sees it as
>>         the same as the Intel 82578DM PHY).  Neither has drivers
>>         native to
>>         Solaris and it is not on the HCL.  A check of Intel shows NO
>>         Solaris
>>         drivers at all.
>>
>>         Anyone have knowledge of a driver or alternative source for
>>         drivers for
>>         Intel on Solaris?
>>
>>         Crossing fingers here...
>>
>>         Rich in Lilburn

>> --
>>   Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>
>>   http://noserose.net/e/
>>   http://www.coraid.com/

openSolaris was more like Fedora is to Red Hat. openSUSE is to SUSE
Enterprise Linux.  If you want Solaris 10 for X84, I have a dvd a
round somewhere, if I remember it is Solaris 10 update 6.  The plan
was for at some point for openSolaris to replace Solaris, but like
anything else good or cool, Oracle has killed it.

--
(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member

Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.