[ale] lprng long shot

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed May 4 17:08:20 EDT 2011

Ouch! lprng died a silent death several years ago. CUPS (with all it warts
and glory) is the printing subsystem for *NIX now.

Are you stuck with lprng or can you replace it with cups? There is a
postscript driver for it cups.
http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Ricoh/Ricoh-Aficio_MP_C4501
That may get you moving on configuring with lprng

I think lprng was an acronym of (l)ine (pr)inter (n)o (g)ood

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 4:54 PM, John Heim <john at johnheim.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to config a Ricoh  Aficio MP C4501  printer under lprng. I don't
> suppose anybody has a ifhp config for that printer?
>
>      Failing that, does anyone know how to get on the lprng support list?
> There is a link to a subscription address on the lprng home page but mail
> that address bounces.

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky*