[ale] [OT] Time for a Cell Phone Change

Mike Harrison cluon at geeklabs.com
Sun May 1 10:00:55 EDT 2011

On Sun, 1 May 2011, Greg Clifton wrote:
> a daughter who works with MSF, leaves for Nigeria on Tu, so would be nice
> for her to have one device that could work anywhere just by swapping out a
> sim chip where she currently has two handsets).

Sigh, I've been loving my unlocked Nokia N900 just for those reasons,
and was looking forward to the N910 which was reportedly going to be "dual
sim" capable. Now.. as it becomes MSokia, it really comes down to which
Android phone I'll buy (unlocked, multi-frequency.. GSM/UTMS/LTE..) next.
My N900 is a solid Linux powered phone and still does what I bought it for
well, so that might be a while.