[ale] .NET considered harmful

Steve Brown scbrown3 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 11:52:25 EDT 2011

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 11:05 AM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> It is not possible to have a meaningful discussion of philosophical or
> social processes on ALE. The intellectual background of the major
> participants is simple too insufficient to allow for a high level discussion
> as current society is in a permanent state of ADHD, 30 second sound bite
> mode.

Or maybe, and I speak for myself here, ALErs realize such a topic doesn't
belong within the context of a linux mailing list. Ironically, two of ALEs
top contributors are responsible for this. The odd thing is, I'm not sure
exactly what your angle is, what you hope to accomplish, and I'm not sure
why you choose ALE to be the forum for your politic pushing.

I respect the work you and Aaron do for ALE very much, and I actually do
enjoy reading Aaron's political ramblings from time to time. I guess it's
just time for another ALE culling?

Please note I do not necessarily agree or disagree with your political
philosophies; I simply do not want them to be brought up as they are now
because it alienates people for really no reason. It is harmfully off topic.

-Steve Brown