[ale] Whatever happened to etherape?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 11:07:26 EDT 2011

yum install etherape
Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
livna                                                    | 3.2 kB
00:00
rpmfusion-free-updates                                   | 3.3 kB
00:00
rpmfusion-nonfree-updates                                | 3.3 kB
00:00
updates/metalink                                         |  18 kB
00:00
updates                                                  | 4.7 kB
00:00
updates/primary_db                                       | 5.0 MB
00:03
Setting up Install Process
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
---> Package etherape.x86_64 0:0.9.7-11.fc12 set to be installed
--> Finished Dependency Resolution

Dependencies Resolved

======================================================================================================
 Package                Arch                 Version
Repository            Size
======================================================================================================
Installing:
 etherape               x86_64               0.9.7-11.fc12
fedora               386 k

Transaction Summary
======================================================================================================
Install       1 Package(s)

Total download size: 386 k
Installed size: 895 k
Is this ok [y/N]:

Hasn't been updated in a while/ Maybe abandonware?

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 8:41 AM, Wolf Halton <wolf at wolfhalton.info> wrote:

> The last time I went looking for it, the list of dependencies not in the
> repos was tremendous.  Etherape itself has been out of the repos for
> years, both in fedora and ubuntu.

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.