[ale] weird printer problem

Lightner, Jeff jlightner at water.com
Wed Mar 30 09:36:22 EDT 2011

VPN takes over your networking stack.   Your IP when you're on VPN is
likely not seen as 192.168.10.101.   Try logging into another system and
running "who am i" while on VPN and you'll see your VPN IP address.
(Or run lsof -i to see what connections are coming out of your laptop -
those should have the IP address or hostname - if they have the latter
nslookup/host/dig will show you the IP associated with the name.)

Since you're initiating the print from the laptop it is probably trying
to assert the 192 IP at that point so is knocking the VPN connection off
line.