[ale] mythubuntu 32 bit vs (Ubuntu 64 bit + mythtv)

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 13:31:25 EDT 2011

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 10:14 AM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> My opinion is that you should really skip the distributions that try
> to do everything for you. A MythTV machine is an appliance. It should
> be built as such. Given that, I believe you should start with a
> distribution that requires you to install exactly what you need. The
> only distributions that I can think of, which are still easy to
> maintain, are Debian and Arch Linux. Of the two, I would, and do,
> choose Arch Linux for this purpose.

If you're going this route LinHES  "Linux Home Entertainment Server"
is Arch based MythTV distribution.

http://www.linhes.org/bugs

BTW, a proposed date of May 21st, for a MythTV (and home brew media
centers) InstallFest was proposed on the Google Group MUCH. The date
was NOT well received as it conflicts with DC404. Stay tuned.

H. Preston