[ale] [OT] rant - decadence in society - DRM

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Fri Mar 25 11:34:28 EDT 2011

That's very interesting info on sleep.  I've suspected this for some
time.  Here's another.  Chronic dehydration.  New research, much of it
by a Doctor in Turkey, shows that about 2/3 of all people are
chronically dehydrated.  This has disastrous effects.  Some of the most
obvious are contributing to things like heartburn and  arthritis.
However, it goes much deeper than that.  Every cell, every process,
every operation, every thought, every emotion, and every memory in your
body needs a steady stream of clean water to function.  It has
electrical as well as physical properties.  It's not just that you die
in 3 days without it, although that should certainly tell you something
about the importance of it.  If you're chronically dehydrated, the
automatic prioritization systems in your brain funnel the water to
what's most important to keep the critical systems functioning, and it
deprives less critical systems.  Your heart is more important than your
stomach or your joints at any instant in time, therefore, it gets first
dibs, etc.  Over time, this has devastating consequences on our health
and psychology.  For those interested, check out the following:

Water: For Health, for Healing, for Life: You're Not Sick, You're
Thirsty! by F. Batmanghelidj (Jun 1, 2003)

http://www.amazon.com/Water-Health-Healing-Youre-Thirsty/dp/0446690740/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301065786&sr=1-1

Your Body's Many Cries for Water by F. Batmanghelidj and M.D. (Nov 1, 2008)

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Bodys-Many-Cries-Water/dp/0970245882/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301065786&sr=1-2

http://watercure.com/

Want to help prevent really nasty things from happening to your body?
Read some of the above.  But, at the very least, take your body weight
in pounds and divide by 2.  Drink that many ounces of water per day.  If
you weigh 200 pounds, drink 100 ounces, which is about 2/3 of a gallon.
More if you're very active.  If you've never drunk much water, and start
doing it, you may feel worse for a while as toxins are flushed out.
Rather than counting cups and ounces, I try to drink about 30 swallows
when I get up, about 1 tall glass, and at least 10 every time I use the
restroom, and a couple of glasses of something at meals.  Many times
that's tea, mildly sweet.  This has the negatives of sugar and caffeine,
but at least adds some variety.  I try to avoid sodas 90% of the time.
Note that, according to the book, your sense of thirst is the last
symptom to show a problem.  Also, many people drink so little water,
that they've desensitized the sense of thirst.  Waiting until you're
thirsty won't work.  You have to consciously decide to drink more water.

Seriously, this stuff will blow your mind.  I read part of the first
book and heard another audio program from "Dr. Batman".  It's amazing.
The neat thing is that the treatment is virtually free.  We just have to
use it.

Sincerely,

Ron

On 03/25/2011 10:58 AM, David Hillman wrote:

<snip>

> Lack of sleep also wrecks havoc with the decision centers of human
> beings.  An article in Newsweek showed how losing just a few hours of
> sleep will dramatically decrease memory efficiency over a period of
> time.  It can even lead to depression.  Lack of sleep is far worse
> than lack of food.  Our fast-paced society is to blame for this,
> leading to frayed nerves and quick tempers.  We simply aren't built to
> process tremendous amounts of information like computers, and we
> definitely aren't built to process that information rapidly; we are
> only built to quickly notice patterns and movement in the environment.
>  Our memory is the first to play tricks on us when we are asked to
> perform a task for which we weren't designed to do.  The book, Music
> and Memory, describes the interplay of short-term and long-term memory
> as a feedback loop that needs time (and rest) to work properly.  We
> are nothing but nervous, babbling wrecks without proper functioning
> memory and decision centers.

<snip>