[ale] can't login

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 10:06:12 EDT 2011

Oh joy. I got hit by something like this a long time ago. The solution was
to (ugh!) take all the "." files in planejane user home and copy them to my
home to overwrite all the old cruft. The nasty was in some .gnome* files.

On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Scott Castaline <skotchman at gmail.com>wrote:

> Just got my MSI 890FXA-GD70 bd back from Newegg RMA. System boots up fine,
> but when I login as myself it causes X to restart and kicks me out. If I
> login as a plain-jane user I am able to get in. How do I determine what is
> actually causing the proble? I'm sure it has something to do with my user
> config. If so, is there a way to remove the problem from root and how?
>
> Attached is the .xsession-erros log file from my home, I could not find
> anything anywhere else.

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.