[ale] Pixieo (mp4) of Central MTG GPG prez by David Tomaschik available

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 14:00:07 EDT 2011

setting up an alternate download site now at
http://jimkinney.us/downloads/ale-20110317-gpg-tomaschik.mp4

I have a bit more upload speed than Aaron but it's going to take a bit to
finish downloading it all (1.7G!).

Many thanks Aaron for the expert AV work on the meetings.

On Sat, Mar 19, 2011 at 1:39 PM, Aaron Ruscetta <arxaaron at gmail.com> wrote:

> The live switched video recording of the GPG presentation
> given by David Tomaschik at the 2011.03.17 ALE CENTRAL
> meeting  is now available for download or streaming at:
>  <http://arxion.net/ale/ale-20110317-gpg-tomaschik.mp4>
>
> File is 1.8 MB, h.264 encode in an mp4 wrapper. Posting at
> additional host sites welcome - just let the list know where
> you make it available and I'll also add the URL to the
> ALE web page notice.  Don't know if I'll get around to
> posting this to a torrent, but if someone wants to explore
> that adventure I can recommend LinuxTracker.org
>
> Thanks again for the patience of everyone who attended
> the meeting and sat through my 30 minute demonstration
> of setting up all the A/V connections and components
> needed for a small TV studio.
>
> There was a little 60 cycle hum in the video, but outside
> of that it's pretty clean and readable. A caution that the
> audio came through very loud. I'll make an effort to
> squash those bugs for next time.
>
> Sorry about the occasional buzzy digital noise in the
> sound track, but someone nearby in the building was
> apparently using a CrackBerry, and these are notorious
> for ignoring the valuable FCC regs so that they spew
> out-of-band digital RF puke that bleeds into all other
> electronic devices in the immediate area (like AV gear).
>
> Last note is that for anyone interested in the history
> and mathematics of gpg / pgp / public key encryption,
> our most senior ALE member, Zeb Morgan, is a fan
> of such things and forwarded this link:
> <http://www.livinginternet.com/i/is_crypt_pkc_inv.htm>
> The page mentions the 1977 Scientific American / Martin
> Gardner "Mathematical Games" column that Zeb and
> I recalled as the flint that first sparked our interest in
> the public key enigma. Though Zeb was unable to
> locate the hard copy he thought he had on file and
> web searches didn't turn up an archived copy, I did
> find some interesting branches on Wikipedia:
> <https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Public_key_cryptography>
> <https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/RSA-129#RSA-129>
> <https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Martin_Gardner>
>
> peace
> aaron

James P. Kinney III
I would rather stumble along in freedom than walk effortlessly in chains.