[ale] TCP Sequence Number Approximation Vulnerability

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Mar 16 11:30:08 EDT 2011

In this case the device is an embedded Linux device and the scan was
done externally.  Most of their issues I've addressed using IP tables
and blocking their access to the web server.

I could upgrade the kernel up to the last version of 2.4 but can not go
into 2.6.  This device will not support it but I'm working on a new
device.

I'm having not much luck finding out if the 2.4.X or even the 2.6.X
kernel addresses the issue their scanner is seeing.

Chris