[ale] just installed LibreOffice in Linux, should have been easier

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Tue Mar 15 21:09:42 EDT 2011

It would likely serve you better to study the way of the UNIX shell... the
UNIX shell has a lot more power than the Windows commandline shell does,
even if you include the so-called "power shell".

--
Sent from my phone... a G2 running CM7 nightlies!
On Mar 15, 2011 6:35 PM, "Ron Frazier" <atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com>
wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks for the info. That's good to know. Putting that in my saved
> posts folder. Thanks also to others who suggested command ganging
> techniques.
>
> Ron
>
> On 03/15/2011 02:49 PM, Michael Trausch wrote:
>>
>> cmd1 && cmd2
>>
>> The && says run cmd2 only if the exit status of cmd1 indicates success
>> (that is, is 0). The opposite of that is:
>>
>> cmd1 || cmd2
>>
>> Which says to run cmd2 if the exit status of cmd1 is something other
>> than 0.
>>
>> --
>> Sent from my phone... a G2 running CM7 nightlies!
>>
>> On Mar 15, 2011 1:57 PM, "Ron Frazier" <atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
>> <mailto:atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com>> wrote:
>> > Could you explain what that does? Are you saying enter both commands on
>> > the same line like you typed it?
>> >
>> > Sincerely,
>> >
>> > Ron

PC's