[ale] like the tuxradar podcast

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Tue Mar 15 14:13:35 EDT 2011

Aaron referred me to the TuxRadar podcast ( http://www.tuxradar.com/ )
in a prior post.  I've listened to a few, and like it, so thanks.  They
provide OGG and MP3 files.  The download links say that OGG is high
quality and MP3 is low quality (even though the bit rate is higher for
MP3).  I can't really speak to the quality, but the OGG file is smaller,
and my Sansa Fuze audio player supports it, so I downloaded that.

One thing I didn't like is that their RSS feed does not embed the media
files.  They force you to go to their website to download the media
file.  That doesn't work well for me, since I listen to about 20
podcasts.  I rely on my RSS reader to automatically copy all the media
files to a particular folder in the background while I'm doing other
things.  Then I copy all of them to the player in mass.  So, I think
I'll suggest to them that they have an RSS feed for MP3 and one for OGG
and have embedded media files.  Other than that, very cool.

Ron