[ale] CD ripping and maintaining album and track number

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 08:34:30 EST 2011

If you're not adding ID3 tags[1] to the files then players like iTunes
are going to screw up. FLAC has some sort of tag support, but I've
never seen a player actually recognize them. So, you'll need to store
the data in a format that you can read later and add to the MP3s.
Failing that, you might try this format:

01_Artist_-_Album_-_Song_Title

iTunes might be able to pick that up a little better than just trying
to match the song title. You might also do a search for "scene mp3
rules" for some other naming... suggestions. Player authors may not
admit it, but I bet they keep up.

[1] -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3

--
James Sumners