[ale] Tagging of Possible-Spam

JD jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Jun 27 22:27:59 EDT 2011

On 06/27/2011 09:21 PM, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-06-27 at 17:10 -0400, JD wrote:
>> I apologize to the list for my old email server not being able to
>> correctly mark spam 100%.  Some of the senders to this list are marked
>> as possible-spam by spam-assassin, but not everyone is.
>
> No worries... I was just curious.

Certainly there are things that I can do better ...

Your email, Michael, came in as non-spam. There's another reply ... from
"the don", that was marked as "possible spam". It isn't the ALE-listsrv,
but the source of the email being marked as possible spam even after I
mark each message as "not junk."

The reverse lookup for that email domain doesn't match the forward
lookup, so it makes perfect sense for that to be marked as
"possible-spam".  The issue with our email system is that manual, user
overrides aren't being used in any way to correct it.

Anyone who had performed an email, calendar, IM, IMAP migration
understands my reluctance to migrate to intermediate solutions.  Users
are never happy with migrations, though some of them have noticed the
spam handling issue too.  Eventually, I'd get the migration planned and
implemented. Priorities, right?