[ale] POSSIBLE-SPAM-Re: C Compiler for Linux

John P jdp at algoloma.com
Mon Jun 27 13:37:18 EDT 2011

In some very early-to-me UNIX days, I ended up with a system that didn't have /bin, but I did have sh and /sbin. That means, no 'ls' or 'cat' commands.

Used 'dd' and 'echo *' to get it booting again. I wasn't very hopeful that the non-existent-system-backup would work to restore this system, anyway. ;)

Has anyone else used 'dd' as an editor?

That failure taught me backup religion, so something good did come from it.