[ale] svideo recorder to hard disk

Ron Frazier atllinuxenthinfo at c3energy.com
Sun Jun 26 12:30:49 EDT 2011

You didn't say if this has to be portable.  How about a standard DVR?  I
have a Samsung unit which will record SVideo and audio to a DVD-R disk.
I'm sure you can get off the shelf units with hard drives in them.  My
second suggestion would be an off the shelf camcorder with built in
HDD.  Most have external inputs.  The down side might be the video
compression that it does.  Also, to get the recording back out, you
might have to play it back out of the video ports.  If you record to
DVD-R, you could put the DVD in a PC and suck the file off, but that's a
bit kludgey.  If you want to capture to a computer, you might try the
following:

I guess this company acquired Canopus.

http://www.grassvalley.com/products/advc110

Sincerely,