[ale] svideo recorder to hard disk

Jeff Hubbs jhubbslist at att.net
Sun Jun 26 11:34:52 EDT 2011

I have some model of Hauppage card in my file server (lspcis as
"Multimedia video controller: Internext Compression Inc iTVC16 (CX23416)
MPEG-2 Encoder") that encodes composite or S-video to MPEG-2 in
hardware; you can cat the device's stream to a file.  I finally worked
out which utility to use and the invocation thereof (handbrake) to get
an mp4 file I can import into iMovie on OS X.