[ale] Android dialer issues and solutions

Michael B. Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri Jun 24 13:37:41 EDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-06-24 at 13:14 -0400, Narahari 'n' Savitha wrote:
> I have numbers that I dial to India.
>
> I use calling cards to call numbers to two sep people.  One is my mom
> and other is my uncle.
>
> In the Call Logs, it always shows as though I called my uncle

The reason for this is that the calls are to the same actual telephone
number within NANPA.

If you did direct-dialing, you would likely be able to tell the
difference in the call logs (but I cannot really confirm that as I have
never, and likely will never, make an international telephone call on my
cell phone).

	--- Mike