[ale] ranting about new Ubuntu UI

brock at quantifier.org brock at quantifier.org
Wed Jun 22 12:54:04 EDT 2011

If I understand right (I didn't read the entire rant, or all of the
replies), this is just a criticism of the default window manager that
came with your recent ubuntu instalation?

I saw that one, too, though I thought it was unique to the netbook
installation.  You can install the gnome desktop by doing:

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-desktop

and then choose gnome at your little splash screen.  I liked that funny
large icon on the left thing on my little asus, but otherwise, I got rid
of it.

Or did I misunderstand the rant?

-Robert