[ale] ranting about new Ubuntu UI

David Tomaschik david at systemoverlord.com
Mon Jun 20 18:52:39 EDT 2011

I'll preface this by saying I'm a Ubuntu community member, and trying
to resurrect the Ubuntu GA Loco.  Having said that, even I can't say
I'm happy with Unity.  For one, I can't get the dock/taskbar to
consistently appear when I want it.  I also can't customize it as much
as I'd like.  I miss gnome-panel where I could put useful resources
(CPU temperature, etc.).  One of these days I might spend some time
trying to figure out fixes to my issues, but for now, I'm trying to
fry bigger fish -- like restarting the LoCo.

--
David Tomaschik, RHCE, LPIC-1
System Administrator/Open Source Advocate
david at systemoverlord.com