[ale] 2 questions memory related

arxaaron arxaaron at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 22:58:04 EDT 2011

On 2011/06/19, at 18:57 , Jim Lynch wrote:
> On 06/19/2011 09:23 AM, Greg Clifton wrote:
>> I've been selling/building PCs for over 20 yrs and I can tell you
>> that
>> modern memory is way better than it used to be.

> I appreciate the information in this response.  It's very
> informative and helpful.  I've not kept track of the hardware
> development recently and am glad to have this.
> Thanks for the beneficial response.

Agreed on the appreciation for some great information, Greg.
I've filed it away for future reference.

There was some interesting if loosely related material
I saw in a web video I recently netted (as in "it fell into
my internet threads") about phase lock loop circuits:

<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP1XwIJHkyE>

About 34 minutes in they start talking about how PLL
designs are used to auto adjust for the physics of
cable / trace skew in parallel data circuits with high
clock speeds, aka the way modern high speed DDR
memory has to adjust each data line to keep all the
signals in sync.

>  This list keeps getting better and
> better if we can keep Aaron on topic. ;)
> Jim.

Dude, I am ALWAYS on topic. :-)  Most especially when
I'm holding up a mirror to extremist wing nut diatribe
that has driven our public conversation into the Off
Topic deep end of perpetually destructive political
delusion, hypocrisy and fraud.  :-)

peace
aaron

[OT] PS ON TOPIC OF OFF TOPIC:
I don't agree at all with any level of censorship or
content moderation on this list.  Walling ourselves
into rooms where we only ever hear our own echos
is a guaranteed path to intellectual starvation and
philosophical stagnation.  There is no movement
without friction. There is no learning without
dialogue.  There is no sense of self without
reflection.