[ale] gnome3. I give up.

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 10:12:17 EDT 2011

Crud. No joy. wipe/reinstall and still no resume ability. It seems severl
people have this issue but I can't tell if it's tied to the graphics chips
or a system setting or what. I have noticed that resume also leaves the
keyboard dead (no numlock or capslock lights on toggle).

It is really acting like the system unloads things to sleep and hibernate
and keeps no track of what to reload on resume.

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 3:16 PM, Jim Kinney <jim.kinney at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hibernation works here with encrypted partitons on a Toshiba Satellite
>
>> (P305d-s8900), F15 clean install.
>>
>> I'll be doing backup/wipe/install dance this weekend. I upgraded from F13
> (encrypted partitions) to F14 with no issues at all.
>
> Hmm. I take that back. F14 saw the /boot in ext4 which is on my laptop so I
> must have also done the same dance at some point.

> James P. Kinney III
>
> As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to
> consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as they
> please, and those who survive will be left to contemplate the outcome.
> - *2011 Noam Chomsky*

James P. Kinney III

- *2011 Noam Chomsky*