[ale] [OT] Are iPhone apps $$$ why Android apps are free?

Sat Jun 11 00:18:08 EDT 2011

I don't propose that you do. But if you insist, then you pay $100 per
year to keep your developer account with Apple active. What do you
need to do that you think needs native development? No calculator
does. Not even a graphing calculator. Unless you are doing games,
processing audio or video data, or working with the filesystem... I
don't think you need it.

This is the future:
http://blog.connectedplanetonline.com/unfiltered/2011/06/07/ft-spurns-ipad-app-for-html5-alternative-could-more-devs-jump-ship/

On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 11:52 PM, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Friday, June 10, 2011, Richard Bronosky <richardbronosky at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You really ought to start using HTML5 and JS for stuff like that. Native development it's only for heavy lifting.
>
> And how do you propose learning the basics of the native environment?
> I never said it's the best app ever, just that I can't run the code I
> wrote even though it is still installed.
>
> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological
> personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the
> corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a
> condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

.!# RichardBronosky #!.